30 Minute meal By Rachael Ray
In the Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine, May 2008, page 121.
Ingredients:
*1 lb frozen cheese tortellini (I used Ravioli)
*1 C frozen peas
*2 T butter
*5 Scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced separately
*2 T flour
*1 2/3 C Milk
*Salt and Pepper
*1/3 C Parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
1. In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook the tortellini until al dente; drain.
2. Meanwhile, add the peas, butter and scallion whites to another large suacepan and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the scallion greens and season with salt and pepper.
3. Stir the tortellini and 1/3 cup cheese into the sauce. Divide the pasta among 4 serving bowls and sprinkle with more cheese.
My Review:
Delicious!! I love anything with parmesan cheese but I really loved the peas and scallions in the sauce as well, it gave it a very nice flavor. This was super easy to make also, which I am all about!!
Serve with cheese toast!!
No comments:
Post a Comment